How to make glitter slimes tutorial
This simple DIY project will turn one of your childhood favorite mystical creatures into a new slimy obsession. Slime has become trendy for all ages, so why not shimmer it up with some vibrant colors and, of course, a little glitz. We firmly believe in using glitter, spice, and everything nice to transform your average slime.
Consisting mainly of glue — the ultimate ingredient in all the best crafts — and added glitter pigments, this glimmering DIY craft will enchant you with its sparkle. We used pink, purple, and blue glitter, but you can customize this slime with your favorite unicorn colors. Once you feel the slime in your hands, you won’t be able to put it down!
- 4 ounces of Elmer’s Glue
- 4 ounces of warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon of Borax
- Additional 1/2 teaspoon of Borax in 1/4 cup warm water
Chances are you might already have this stuff at home, so hurray for that!
How to Make it:
- Measure out 4 ounces of glue and 4 ounces of warm water
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of Borax. I also added more glitter although it kind of messed up the color in the end, but oh, well
- Stir until the mixture becomes gloopy, like slime. Now if it’s too sticky add 1/2 teaspoon of Borax to 1/4 cup of warm water and slowly add and mix into your mixture in the bowl. Add a small amount and knead/mix for a while before adding more. You’ll eventually get to that awesome, slimy texture…
- Now the color of mine got kind of grody and it’s from that black/navy glitter I added BUT previous rounds where I didn’t add anything and the color was just as pretty as straight from the glue bottle! If you’re having a hard time with using clear glue I’d really suggest using the white school glue because it’s much easier to do without getting weird, hard clumps or really sticky/stringy business!
How to make Unicorn Glitter Slime
Unicorn Glitter Slime
Listening the names of Unicorn, we all enter in a world of fantasy. Like we used to do in our childhood. So why not now. It’s easier than before. All you have to do is to make Unicorn themed Slime and plunge deep into the ocean of your childhood.
1/2 cup hot water
1/2 tsp. borax
1 bottle of glitter glue
1 cup water
How to make it:
1. In a small pitcher, add the 1/2 cup of hot water and 1/2 tsp. of borax. Stir and allow the borax to dissolve.
2. Pour out the bottle of glitter glue into a bowl, and add 1 cup of water. Stir until fully combined.
3. Slowly add the borax solution, mixing vigorously. Be sure not to add too much or the slime will become like a putty and not stretchy.
4. Start using your hands to mix the slime, to gauge how sticky it is.
5. Once the desired slime consistency is reached, add glitter.
How To Make Rainbow Slimes
We have tried out lots and lots of slime recipes ourselves, and this one is an absolute favorite. Make cool rainbow slime, also called galaxy slime, using only a few simple ingredients. For this one, we use Elmer’s glitter glue in a blue, pink, green and purple and then added some borax and water to get to most beautiful rainbow slime you’ve ever seen. This DIY is quick and easy, a perfect summer craft idea for bored kids and teens, but one that will not have your parents screaming about the glitter that ended up all over the kitchen. We made ours in less than 30 minutes and the cleanup was minimal. Fun for both kids and adults to make, this will be one of your favorites, too. Just follow the easy step by step tutorial to learn how to make your own DIY glitter slime at home.
First, you need to gather your ingredients. You will need:
- Blue Elmers Glitter Glue
- Green Elmers Glitter Glue
- Pink Elmers Glitter Glue
- Purple Elmers Glitter Glue (if you want galaxy slime, we recommend using lots of purple and less green)
- Borax Mixed With Water (We used one Teaspoon of borax and 2 Tablespoons of water)
- 4 Clean mixing bowls
- Spoons to stir with
- Note: If you do not have borax or wish not to use it, liquid starch can be used instead. The slime will end up being a bit stickier and harder to work with, but you will still end up with something cool to play with
How to make it
- Empty your glitter glue into the bowls, using one bowl for each color of glue. This one is the pink
- Now, for the fun part. You will start adding your borax water to the glue, very slowly. You do not want to add too much at first, as it is difficult to go backwards. You can always add more as you go. The key to making the best slime is knowing when you have added enough. The goal is the get the slime to not be sticky, but you do not want it to be hard. Add borax water and stir until the slime starts pulling away from the sides of your bowl. It does not matter which color of glue you start with, you will be doing the same thing to each bowl of slime as you mix the glue with the borax and water.
- Be sure to stir well as you make your slime, you do not want to add too much borax to your rainbow slime at once. We start by adding a few drops of borax water and stirring, then adding a little more to the DIY slime mixture.
- See how the slime no longer sticks to the edges of the bowl? This is when it is ready for the next step, kneading. What a fun and easy craft idea for kids and teens! We were super happy when we realized how easy this one is to clean up, too. Knead each color of slime until is is not sticky, but still soft. Then place it on a table or back into the bowl and work on the next color.
- Once the slime is not sticking to the bowl, you get to put your hands in it and start kneading your slime.
- This part of slime making is our favorite! Knead your slime well until it is not sticky. We suggest a few minutes. Still too sticky? Put it back in the bowl and add a tiny bit of borax water.
- When you finish kneading your slime, you will have four blobs that look like this. Feel free to play with them before moving on to the next step for making DIY rainbow slime.
- Once you are ready to make your rainbow slime, roll and stretch each color so it looks like this, laying each one down next to the other on your table or clean counter. A cutting board will also work well for this.
- Now, pinch the colors together a little bit and stretch your slime from the ends.
- You will see the beautiful colors of your rainbow galaxy slime start to appear.
- Keep stretching your slime and prepare to be amazed!